As a blogger you know that most of your time is devoted on writing blog posts. In fact and according to blogging statistics writing a blog post takes around 3.5 hours of your time.
To grow your WordPress blog and start monetizing it, it requires not only creating content but also having the right tools and plugins that will help you understand user behavior on your site in order to optimize your content accordingly.
It also requires plugins that will help you convert your audience to email subscribers or clients, help you improve your ranking on search engines and increase traffic and help you easily monitor and maintain your blog.
The list of plugins that follow includes some of the most powerful WordPress plugins for bloggers. They can definitely make a big difference on how fast you will grow your blog and how fast you can start monetizing it.
1.MonsterInsights (Analytics plugin)
Many bloggers make the mistake to believe that Google Analytics is mainly about finding out how many people visit your blog. Pro bloggers use analytics to find out what to improve their blog’s user engagement and increase conversions.
A WordPress Analytics plugin could be your most useful tool in growing your blog!!
With over 2,000,000 installations and over 25 powerful features MonsterInsights is your first choice when it comes to Google Analytics plugins. (Click here for my MonsterInsights review)
Companies such as Microsoft, Bloomberg, Subway, PlayStation and FedEx use MonsterInsights.
According to an MIT study, top performing companies say Analytics is a differentiator. No coincidence therefore why such big names use MonsterInsights along with other analytic tools.
It is actually estimated that the top performing companies use analytics 5x more than the bottom performers. Analytics help them optimize their website and business and increase conversions.
Why you need MonsterInsights as a blogger:
As a blogger is crucial to know the important metrics of your blog. There is one metric in particular that clearly indicates whether your blog posts are read by people or not.
You must know whether your valuable time is invested properly or whether you need to re-think of your writing strategy.
MonsterInsights includes User Engagement Tracking which allow you to easily find (and without leaving your WordPress dashboard) whether you’ve managed to engaged users with your blog posts.
Find out the Scroll Depth percentage of every one of your blog posts. Combine this with the time-on-page and you have a very clear indication whether people read your blog posts or simply skim through them and leave your blog.
With MonsterInsights you can also:
- See how people find your website, which keywords did they search for, who referred them, what did they click on your site, and more (Behavior report)
- Find which content gets the most visits, so you can analyze and optimize it for higher conversions (Content Report). You can then add in your analysis data from the Google search console report (directly from your WordPress dashboard) and start working on optimizing your content for the search engines and for higher rankings!
There are over 25 powerful features which include Affiliate Link Tracking, File Download Tracking, Post Type Tracking, SEO Score Tracking, Focus Keyword Tracking. Click here fore all the MonsterInsights features and reports.
Generally speaking and as a blogger, MonsterInsights can potentially help you:
- Increase blog traffic
- Grow your affiliate revenue
- Get more email subscribers
- Write better content
Installing MonsterInsights is a very easy task and it doesn’t take more than a few minutes.
As a blogger you should go for the Plus plan which is priced at: $199 per year. Using this link though—> MonsterInsights Coupon Code you can get a 50% discount and get the Plus plan for only $99.50 per year
|Click here to visit the MonsterInsights website|
|Click here to view all the MonsterInsights plans and pricing information|
2.WPForms (Forms plugin)
More than 3,000,000 professionals use the WPForms drag and drop forms builder for WordPress.
With WPForms you can create in a matter of minutes Contact Forms, Payment Forms, Survey Forms, Newsletter Forms and Registration Forms.
It comes with over 100 pre-built templates as well as a drag and drop form builder to create you own form design.
Why you need WPForms as a blogger:
WPForm has around 33 useful features (view details about every feature). As a blogger you can use these features for the following purposes:
- Use conditional logic to only send a user to an email list if they checked the box to subscribe to email list from the contact form.
- Use conditional logic to create dynamic forms which allow you to have a more personalized approach with your newsletters. This allows you for example to have different groups of newsletter subscribers based on topics they’ve chosen and therefore send different newsletters to different groups. “Personalization” will increase your email open rate!!
- Combine the WordPress user registration form of WPForms with email marketing tools such as AWeber, GetResponse or Constant Contact.
- If you use your blog to promote your services, you can use the entry management features to manage all your leads in one place. All your form entries (leads) are stored in your WordPress database and are easily accessible from inside your WordPress dashboard.
- You can accept payments via your blog by connecting the WordPress registration form with a WPForms payment addon (such as Stripe or Paypal).
- If you want to have user generated or user submitted content on your WordPress blog then with the WPForms Post Submissions addon you can have your website visitors submit guest blog posts and other content on your site without logging into the admin area. You can have the post on pending status until you approve it.
- Spam is a huge issue when you have a blog. WPForms uses the latest spam defense methods to combat spam, automatically. The anti-spam feature of WPForms is enabled by default inside your form settings.
- With more and more people reading blog posts on their smart phones, WPForms is 100% responsive meaning it works on mobile, tablets & desktop.
WPForms starts at $79 per year (Basic plan) but I personally suggest that (if you have the budget) you go for the Plus plan for $199 per year. It has some additional features such as Newsletter forms which is really important if you have a blog.
Get 50% discount with this WPForm coupon code and get the plus for only $99.50 or the basic plan for $39.50 per year.
3. OptinMonster (Lead generation plugin)
As a blogger one of your most powerful marketing tactics should be email marketing. That is because email marketing has the highest return on investment among all marketing tactics.
Being able therefore to have a big email list does matter for your revenue. OptinMonster’s conversion optimization tools help you increase your traffic, grow your email list, and boost user engagement.
It is one of the most powerful marketing plugins and popup builders and it is used on more than 1,000,000 websites. Well-known clients include the Harvard University, Pinterest, McAfee, American Express, Coupons.com, Clickbank and TripAdvisor.
OptinMonster allows you to create popup forms, email subscription forms, sticky announcement bars, gamified spin a wheel opt-in forms, and other types of interactive popups for your site in minutes.
Why you need OptinMonster as a blogger:
As a blogger or publisher there four (4) main reason why you should be using OptinMonster:
- Grow your email list: Use high-converting optin forms such as Exit-Intent® popups, Fullscreen Welcome Mats, and Scroll boxes to increase your email list subscription conversion rate
- Increase your pageviews: Use behavior detection rules combined with the Yes / No feature to increase your pageviews by redirecting engaged website visitors to your most popular pages.
- Turn abandoning visitors into subscribers: Over 70% of website visitors usually abandon a website and never return. The Onsite Retargeting® solution of OptinMonster uses behavior automation to turn abandoning visitors into subscribers & customers.
- Increase Sales Conversions: Smart targeting features help display relevant promotions to improve your sales conversion rate and increase the revenue from your existing traffic.
Here are all the main features of OptinMonster:
|Drag-n-Drop Builder||Mobile Friendly Pop-ups||9 Campaign Types|
|Geo-Location Targetting||6 Campaign Triggers||Precision Targeting|
|Campaign Scheduling||Cookie Retargeting||Page-Level Targeting|
|Real-Time Behavioral Automation||A/B Testing||Conversion Analytics|
OptinMonster’s Basic plan is at $9 per month (billed annually) and provides all the essential tools to start with OptinMonster. There is also the Plus plan for $19 per month (billed annually) which is great blogs that are on the growth stage and that need more features. Finally the The Pro plan which is the most popular plan is for $29 per month (billed annually) and has all the features you will need to achieve high conversions.
The annual plan is already 20% off, but you can get up to 40% off with this OptinMonster coupon code!
4. RafflePress (Giveaway Plugin)
Viral giveaways and contents are a great way to grow website traffic, social media followers and your email list.
RafflePress helps you turn your visitors into brand ambassadors.
Why you need RafflePress as a blogger:
Here are the two (2) main reasons why you should get the RafflePress plugin for your blog:
- Use the drag and drop builder to easily create giveaway campaigns that attract the attention of your website users. Then your website visitors must use their email to enter the giveaway and this helps you grow your email list.
*You can also use pre-built giveaway templates to create a campaign even faster.
- Furthermore with RafflePress your visitors are incentivized to share the giveaway on their social media for more entries. This way you can achieve high website engagement rates, increase followership on social media as well as increase brand awareness.
Some other features of RafflePress include:
- Responsive designs & mobile friendly campaigns
- Pre-built giveaway templates
- Viral Sharing (Refer-a-Friend)
- Social Media Integrations
- Giveaway Landing Page
- Tracking and Retargeting
- 1 Click Entry + Fraud Protection
Get a 20% discount—> click for a RafflePress coupon code
5. SeedProd (Coming Soon plugin)
SeedProd is a “coming soon” and “maintenance mode” plugin.
If you are new in blogging you might be wondering how a coming soon plugin can help you grow your blog.
Pro-bloggers are using coming soon pages as a marketing tactic to increase their email list and sales significantly. Read more below.
Why you need SeedProd as a blogger:
As your blog grows you need to be adding new pages, new offers and create a bit of curiosity also among your audience with special announcement pages. Your aim should be to increase your email list, leads and even pre-sell.
The way to do it is through a “coming soon page” which you can use to reward those users that sign-up as subscribers or they want to be the first to know once you release the new content, the new offer or the new product.
Combine this with an incentive and you will see miracles happening!!
Need to do some maintenance work and work in private? then easily put those pages or your blog on maintenance mode.
Is your blog new and you want to start collecting emails from the beginning? Then there is no better way than using a Coming Soon page and promoting your “soon to launch blog” on your social media.
Some of the SeedProd features:
- FREE 500,000+ Background Images, 750+ Google Fonts & 50+ Themes
- Real-Time page builder
- 50+ Pre-Made Themes
- Capture email and leads and store them directly in WordPress
- Password protect parts or the entire website and limit or allow access
- Go Viral with the built-in Referral Tracking and Prize System
- Built-in Contact Form
- Email Marketing Integrations
- Countdown Timer with Autolaunch
- Progress Bar
SeedProd pricing starts at $37 per year with the Basic plan. The Plus plan is at $87 per year and the Pro at $124 per year. Get 20% off with this coupon code.
|Click here to compare all the SeedProd plans and see what is included|
|Click here to visit the SeedProd website|
6.Thrive Comments (Comments plugin)
Like the coming soon plugin above, I’m sure you might be wondering how a comments plugin could be part of the growth of your blog.
Truth is that comments is one of the most overlooked features of a blog.
With Thrive Comments it becomes a powerful user engagement tactic that could lead to lead generation and free advertising for your blog.
The Thrive Comments Plugin is a collection of the most addictive elements of social media and community forums, all added in your WordPress website comments.
Why you need Thrive Comments as a blogger:
The main reason is because through your blog comments you can build an interactive and engaged community.
Here’s what you can do with Thrive Comments:
- You can present your first time commenter with a special offer in exchange for their email address. It could be a coupon code with one of the companies that you affiliate as a blogger. This way you might also achieve a sale! Or offer something for free!
- Redirect first time commenters to a ‘welcome to the community’ free gift page.
- Set post-comment actions. Anything from redirecting a commenter to a URL, showing related posts, giving social sharing prompts.
- Use incentives to keep your commenters involved, rewarding and encouraging positive interactions through badges, up-votes, and featured comments.
- With one click, a visitor can give an exceptional comment an up-vote, or share the comment on their Facebook account.
- Allow visitors to leave a comment straight from their social accounts, without signing in.
- Add badges for commenting achievements to gamify and encourage site interaction.
Here’s a list of what you can do with Thrive Comments:
|Assign Users Badges||Up-Vote & Down-Vote||Display Featured Comments|
|Comment Boosting Design||Post From Social Accounts||Social Sharing|
|Subscribe to a Post's Comments||Auto Generate Visitor Information||Choose What Happens After A Comment|
|Different C.T.A. for First Time Commenters||Lazy Load for Speed Optimization||Audience Insights|
|No Click Comment Sorting||Filter Comments Based On||Delegate Comments|
For 1 website the price for Thrive Comments is $39 (for ever) with all the features included and 1 year of support.
7. RankMath (SEO plugin)
To grow your blog and increase the traffic from search engines requires to optimize your content for the search engines.
RankMath is a FREE Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plugin which is recommended by the best SEO’s worldwide.
With built-in suggestions based on widely-accepted best practices, RankMath helps you optimize your blog pages and posts easily and saves you from countless hours of repetitive work.
Here’s a list of what you can do with RankMath:
- Preview how your post will appear in the Search Engines
- Preview how your post will look when shared on social media
- See the keywords which you rank for, your sitemap status, and indexing issues
- Helps you track keyword rankings and Search Engine Errors
- Research which keyword you should be targeting
- Check where Google is facing problems crawling your website
- Offers helpful and informative tips
- Helps improve your image rankings with Automated image SEO
- Tell search engines about every page you want indexed (XML Sitemaps)
- Improves Click Through Rate by making your content stand out in Search Engines Result pages
- Pings search engines to crawl your website when you publish
- Assess your website on 40 SEO factors and gives you actionable advice
…and many more. Click here for the full list of features
8. CookieYes GDPR Cookie Consent & Compliance Notice Plugin
With GDPR and similar privacy laws around, it has become mandatory to ensure that your blog complies with them. CookieYes GDPR Cookie Consent & Compliance Notice Plugin is a popular option to assist in the GDPR compliance of your WordPress blogs.
The plugin has over 1 million active installations and comes with a user-friendly interface. In addition to the GDPR the plugin also helps you with the compliance of CCPA, CNIL, DSGVO, and more variants of GDPR.
Why you need CookieYes GDPR Cookie Consent & Compliance Notice Plugin as a blogger:
If you have a blog read by people across the world especially people from EU countries, you are required to protect the privacy of your visitors by not collecting any personally identifiable information.
Even if you are not collecting any information from your visitors directly, certain first or third-party cookies on your website may store your users’ information such as IP addresses, browsing history, etc., without their explicit consent. This could be a violation of the law and you could get fined for that.
The GDPR cookie consent plugin helps you manage both first and third-party cookies on your website as per the guidelines of the general data protection regulation thus making compliance easy for you.
Features of the CookieYes GDPR Cookie Consent & Compliance Notice Plugin
- Display fully customizable cookie banner
- Cookie auto scan and auto-script blocking
- Granular cookie consent
- Cookie consent log
- Geo IP based cookie notice exclusion
Pricing starts from $69 -$399